Missouri Botanical Garden Logo

An Illustrated History 
of the Missouri Botanical Garden
Illustrated History Home    Historical Timeline
Browse by Subject Matter    Garden Home 

   Search for   Advanced Search  

1939
The Garden relinquishes its Tropical Station to the jurisdiction of the Panama Canal Zone.


View of house and shelters; 5 x 7 negative. Print available at PHO 2007-0352 and PHO 2007-0353.

Established as the Panama Extension Station of the Missouri Botanical Garden in 1926 the station greatly improved the availability of orchid cultivars for the Garden horticultural collections. Under the direction of George Pring the Garden actually delved into orchid sales during the 1930s.

 

Previous Section | Back to Timeline | Next Section
Copyright © 2000-2010  |  Missouri Botanical Garden  |  Contact MBG Archives