Missouri Botanical Garden Logo

An Illustrated History 
of the Missouri Botanical Garden
Illustrated History Home    Historical Timeline
Browse by Subject Matter    Garden Home 

   Search for   Advanced Search  
Total number of images matching your request: 44
Page 3 of 5

First Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

21.  Main Garden Lily Pools with concrete construction; lilies in fall of 1917.

Main Garden Lily Pools with concrete construction in the fall of 1917. Newly constructed Palm House is in the background. 



1917

22.  Economic House (1912 Palm House, south end).

1 5x7 in. copy print. 



1914

23.  Fern House looking north.

 



1916

24.  Chrysanthemum indicum tiered display. (Probably in Mediterranean House display area).

1 5x7 in. print. 



1914

25.  MBG -- Italian Garden, Employees

MBG Italian Garden (a.k.a. the Formal Garden). Employees posed for group shot in front of Conservatory. Adhered to scrapbook page with another photograph on reverse side. The Pergola was the open row of columns and trellises bordering the west side of the Italian Garden. The Arbors were the two roofed structures at the center of the Pergola. The Greenhouse which made up the surrounding border of the Italian Garden was -- as a whole -- referred to as the Conservatory or the Italian Garden Greenhouse, with each part of the building segmented into; Desert House, Cycad and Fern House, Economic House, South African House, and Palm House. After the Palm House was torn down, the remaining south and north buildings were called the Desert House and the Mediterranean House. 




26.  MBG -- Greenhouse (1912)

 



1913

27.  MBG -- Greenhouse (1912)

View of the Palm House. 



1913

28.  Floral display in north wing of 1912 Palm House. Now Mediterranean House.

Floral display in north wing of 1912 Palm House. (Once the Meditteranean House). Hyacinths, probably in 1914. 



1914

29.  Climatron Construction

The old Palm House being dismantled to make way for the Climatron. 




30.  Climatron Construction

The old Palm House being dismantled to make way for the Climatron. 




  First Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

 

Copyright © 2000-2021  |  Missouri Botanical Garden  |  Contact MBG Archives