Missouri Botanical Garden Logo

An Illustrated History 
of the Missouri Botanical Garden
Illustrated History Home    Historical Timeline
Browse by Subject Matter    Garden Home 

   Search for   Advanced Search  
Total number of images matching your request: 47
Page 1 of 5

First Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

1.  Orchid Alcove

Orchid Alcove. 



1916

2.  Plan of range built in 1915

Plan of range built in 1915. 



1915

3.  Water liliies in greenhouse.

Water liliies in greenhouse. Location unknown. 




4.  Euryale ferox water lily displayed in lily pond.

Euryale ferox water lily displayed in lily pond, horticulturalist James Gurney and part of Main Greenhouse Range in background. 



1890

5.  Experimental Greenhouse. (Located southeast of Tower Grove House.)

Experimental Greenhouse located southeast of Tower Grove House. Print available at PHO 2006-0927. 



1915

6.  Pit House with orchids and nepenthes.

Pit House with orchids and nepenthes. Pit House was one of the growing houses parallel to the Foral Display House. 



1920

7.  New greenhouses additions built in 1897.

New greenhouses additions built in 1897; the additions were part of the Main Conservatory built in 1868. 



1897

8.  Laboratory Greenhouses

View of laboratory greenhouses with Tower Grove House in background. See also GPN 82-0136. Negative available at PHO 2006-0915. Prints available at PHO 2006-0904 and PHO 2006-0905. 



1916

9.  Palm House in the Garden.

View of the Palm House looking to the west. The Climatron sits upon this same location today. 



1914

10.  Orchid display in wing of 1868 greenhouse.

Orchid display in wing of 1868 greenhouse. 



1913

  First Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

 

Copyright © 2000-2021  |  Missouri Botanical Garden  |  Contact MBG Archives