For the Enjoyment of Others
• Stay on pathways and mowed lawn areas. Do not walk in mulched or planted garden beds.
• Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, and vegetables, plant labels, etc.
• No music.
• No soliciting. View the Garden’s Solicitation Policy
• Visitors are welcome to take snapshots, videos, and journalistic, individual, or family photos for personal use. Tripods or monopod usage is not allowed inside any buildings or conservatories; tripods, monopods, and hand-held reflectors only are allowed for outdoor use, permitting they are not blocking access for other visitors. No props, stands, luggage, or clothing changes.
• Wedding and bridal parties must abide by the rules and guidelines outlined in the Wedding Photo Policy
• Please do not block pathways or access for other visitors. Flowerbeds or other plant displays may not be entered or disturbed. Plant labels and other signs may not be changed or removed.
• Photos and videos are not to be sold or used for any commercial purposes without advanced project review and authorization; projects will be approved on a case-by-case basis and will occasion fees. Contact the Public Relations Department at (314) 577-0254 or (314) 577-5141. View the Photography Policy
• If a visitor is asked by another person not to take pictures of that person or others accompanying that person, the request must be honored to protect personal rights of privacy. If a picture has already been taken, it must be deleted upon request.
• Picnicking is not allowed anywhere on Garden property (exception: Whitaker Music Festival). Please no outside food, picnics, coolers, grills, or open flames. Visitors who wish to picnic may do so nearby in Tower Grove Park , south of the Garden.
• The Garden provides many benches throughout the grounds for resting. Please refrain from lying down on benches, so that other visitors may have a seat. Laying blankets on the grass is permitted for Garden performances only.
• No outside alcohol.
Smoking and Litter
• The Garden is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco products or devices are not allowed on Garden property, including all buildings, grounds, restrooms, and parking lots.
• We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycle bins when appropriate. Do not litter.
Meetings and Gatherings
• Formal/informal groups or parties are not allowed to hold meetings, classes, weddings, memorial services, or christenings at the Garden without advance space rental. Visit Rentals for more information or call (314) 577-0200 (weddings and events requiring food) or (314) 577-9560 (space rental without food).
Attire and Clothing Changes
• Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
• Clothing changes are not permitted, aside from clothing changes connected to activities in the Children’s Garden. To inquire about space rental for clothing changes, call (314) 577-9560.
Wildlife and Animals
• No pets. Service dogs/ animals are permitted.
• Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them - and you.
• Do not wade or swim in ponds, streams, or fountains.
• Please keep your personal items with you at all times. The Garden cannot be held responsible for missing items. If you recover an item on the grounds that does not belong to you, please turn it in to the Ridgway Visitor Center Lost & Found at the ticket counter. To reach the Lost & Found desk, call (314) 577-0212.
• For their safety, please supervise children at all times. One adult should accompany every five children.
• No climbing, running, sports, or games.
• Two-wheeled scooters, “wheelie” shoes, skates or skateboards are not allowed.
• No firearms