Missouri Botanical Garden Logo

An Illustrated History 
of the Missouri Botanical Garden
Illustrated History Home    Historical Timeline
Browse by Subject Matter    Garden Home 

   Search for   Advanced Search  

  

Title: MBG -- Italian Garden, Employees
Description: MBG Italian Garden (a.k.a. the Formal Garden). Employees posed for group shot in front of Conservatory. Adhered to scrapbook page with another photograph on reverse side. The Pergola was the open row of columns and trellises bordering the west side of the Italian Garden. The Arbors were the two roofed structures at the center of the Pergola. The Greenhouse which made up the surrounding border of the Italian Garden was -- as a whole -- referred to as the Conservatory or the Italian Garden Greenhouse, with each part of the building segmented into; Desert House, Cycad and Fern House, Economic House, South African House, and Palm House. After the Palm House was torn down, the remaining south and north buildings were called the Desert House and the Mediterranean House.

Additional information below.

Image of MBG Italian Garden (a.k.a. the Formal Garden).  Employees posed for group shot in front of Conservatory.  Adhered to scrapbook page with another photograph on reverse side.  The Pergola was the open row of columns and trellises bordering the west side of the Italian Garden.  The Arbors were the two roofed structures at the center of the Pergola.  The Greenhouse which made up the surrounding border of the Italian Garden was -- as a whole -- referred to as the Conservatory or the Italian Garden Greenhouse, with each part of the building segmented into; Desert House, Cycad and Fern House, Economic House, South African House, and Palm House.  After the Palm House was torn down, the remaining south and north buildings were called the Desert House and the Mediterranean House.
View Image in Detail

TitleMBG -- Italian Garden, Employees
Creator
Subject 1868 Conservatory (Missouri Botanical Garden)
Employees (Missouri Botanical Garden)
Italian Garden (Missouri Botanical Garden)
Palm House (1912-1959) (Missouri Botanical Garden)

RelationPHO
DescriptionMBG Italian Garden (a.k.a. the Formal Garden). Employees posed for group shot in front of Conservatory. Adhered to scrapbook page with another photograph on reverse side. The Pergola was the open row of columns and trellises bordering the west side of the Italian Garden. The Arbors were the two roofed structures at the center of the Pergola. The Greenhouse which made up the surrounding border of the Italian Garden was -- as a whole -- referred to as the Conservatory or the Italian Garden Greenhouse, with each part of the building segmented into; Desert House, Cycad and Fern House, Economic House, South African House, and Palm House. After the Palm House was torn down, the remaining south and north buildings were called the Desert House and the Mediterranean House.
PublisherMissouri Botanical Garden
ContributorMissouri Botanical Garden
Date of originaln.d.
Date scannedn.d.
TypeImage
FormatTIF
IdentifierPHO 2000-0267
SourcePhotograph
Language
Coverage
Rightshttp://www.mobot.org/mobot/archives/copyright.asp
Width of original7 in.
Height of original5 in.
Condition of originalgood

Copyright © 2000-2017  |  Missouri Botanical Garden  |  Contact MBG Archives