Welcome to the Peter H. Raven Library
The Missouri Botanical Garden Library is one of the world's finest botanical libraries. Founded in 1859 by Henry Shaw, the library is an essential part of the Garden's research program. It is used in conjunction with the herbarium by Garden research staff, botany students, and visiting scientists from around the world. Horticulturists, landscape designers, historians, biographers, and Garden members also use the library.
Search the Library catalog:
Street Address: Located on the fourth floor of the Monsanto Center, 4500 Shaw Blvd. St. Louis, MO, USA 63110
Phone: (314) 577-5155; Fax: (314) 577-0840
Guidelines for Use
Access to the Collections:
1. Library hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2. Books may be checked out only by Garden staff or under the sponsorship of a staff person.
3. Visitors will be given an I.D. badge by security and must wear it during their visit.
4. Books are to remain on Garden grounds in possession of the person who borrowed them; they are to be available for recall at all times.
5. Please do not reshelve books taken from the shelves; rather, place them on the cart in front of the circulation desk.
6. Notify staff of any apparent misplacement on the shelf.
1. Photocopy books with care, using only the book copier in front of the New Journal display.
2. Check with library staff before copying fragile materials.
Proud member of the
Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries